cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

I can't query a recurring event.

Hi Everyone,

I have a workflow that will query all events in a specific date span. for example from 04/05/2017 to 04/15/2017 and all of the events scheduled between those dates will be queried. I successfully did this but I notice that if an event is set to a recurring event the query will ignore those events. how can I include those recurring events that is in between to the date span I set. I search thru the internet and I saw several blog post that uses CAML editor. But the problem is I don't have enough knowledge to create my own script in CAML. If using a CAML editor is the only option. is there a way to query events from a date range Thursday to Sunday and if there is a recurring events in those range it will also include those recurring events.

here is a screenshot of the events calendar

Query List action:

Here is a screenshot of my query list and what I would like to be converted to a CAML script

Start Time UTC >= to StartDate1 && End Time UTC <=EndDate1 in this logic how can I add a script that will also include all the recurring event that will take place on the date span I set.

My workflow process is:

1. Query List

2. For Each

3. Set Variable

4. Build String

5. Send Notification

Thanks,

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I can't query a recurring event.

I would recommend to study my February 2017 mission article February 2017 Mission: Real World Solution (Patching calendar)  which does very similar thing.

reference documentation for CAML you can find here Query Schema 

and reference specifically for DateRangesOverlap element here DateRangesOverlap Element (Query) 

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: I can't query a recurring event.

SharePoint is really dumb in this. The query doesn't return the recurring events, because they are simply not there. SharePoint only saves 1 event and marks it with recurring. Afterwards all queries must be strucutred like "give me all events in a timespan as well as all events before, which's recurring set up brings an event into my time span."

So to get a full view of all the events you need you will need extended CAML queries that reflect this or you would need to drop usage of recurring events.

As far as I know there is no "easy" way to achieve your goal. :/

Accept as Solution Reply