cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

I am trying to use the Nintex workflow method 'Copy to Fileshare" and get an error: "Failed to copy item to a file share. Illegal characters in path. "

The string I am using is the correct one in explorer but does not work with this "Copy to File share: method.  It is formatted like this:

\\asdf.qewr.we.wer\services\research\havn

I assume it is the dot . character.

anyone have a suggestion on how I could format this to resolve when using it in the workflow method?

tx

dave

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: I am trying to use the Nintex workflow method 'Copy to Fileshare" and get an error: "Failed to copy item to a file share. Illegal characters in path. "

Dave - I tested this on a path like this: \\foo\bar\test.test.foo.bar\foo\bar\foo.bar but it worked properly.  So a "." in the folder names is not a problem.  But there might be a difference having a "." in the server name instead of a folder name.  Can you test this on another path in your environment that does not have a "." in the server name?  I would do the same test, but I don't have a server available with that naming convention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: I am trying to use the Nintex workflow method 'Copy to Fileshare" and get an error: "Failed to copy item to a file share. Illegal characters in path. "

I'll send info to our IT folks and see if they can find a server without the dots.

our naming convention also as ''09.v01.  in the server name.  other than that I can't see any other odd characters but I don't know how Nintex evaluates for them.  I wouldn't think number values would mess things up.

thanks for having a look at this, btw.

dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I would imagine that "." anywhere should be fine, what would you do for an IP? ex \\192.168.0.1:8080\folderA\folderB\...

illegal characters would be special characters (@, #, %, etc) ...if anything its the "\". maybe they need to be escaped?

0 Kudos