cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I am trying to copy items from one calendar to another calendar thru a workflow

Jump to solution

I am trying to copy items from one calendar to another calendar thru a workflow.

Its giving an error: the columns names are not the same on the other calendar. Basically I have a master calendar on which a column has 3 choices- I have saved the template and used it to create 3 similar calendars. my requirement is when I create an item in the master calendar depending on the inputs it should go to the respective calendars. Can I achieve this?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: I am trying to copy items from one calendar to another calendar thru a workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Teresa,

yes you should be able to achieve this, because a calendar in SharePoint is just a regular list with a special view presenting the items inside a calendar grid.

So it should work in your workflow as with every other list item. Just create a workflow for your master calender, and use the "Create item" action to create a similar item in the other calendars.

It doesn't even matter if the columns of your calendars are not equal. In the "Create Item" action you can decide which column you want to fill out with which values from your master calendar item. And of course you can add some "Run If" Blocks to create these items depending on the input in your main calendar item.

Hope this help, let us know if you have further questions.

Greetings

Philipp

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: I am trying to copy items from one calendar to another calendar thru a workflow

Jump to solution

thanks.. worked.!

0 Kudos