Problem retrieving the K2 process data

• 11 March 2010
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I am a novice to K2 and currently trying to expore a few of the basic functionalities in k2.

I am using a SharePoint WorkFlow Integration Wizard and trying to instantiate a k2 workflow which triggeres an e-mail when a sharepoint list item has been created. However , I am not able to achive this functionality and below is the message i am getting while running the worklow mannually from sharepoint List. 

Error Message :

"There has been a problem retrieving the K2 process data. Please ensure that the account has rights to the K2 Item and that you are connecting to the K2 Server".

2 replies

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply .

I have checked the user access and rights and found that the account that is running the K2 Server  ( Which i have figured out from the services --> K2Server logon tab is same as the one I have added in the SharePoint Site Collection Administrator's list and owners group. Also I have added the K2 service account as a site collection administrator.

The error message still remains the same

"There has been a problem retrieving the K2 process data. Please ensure that the account has rights to the K2 Item and that you are connecting to the K2 Server"

Badge +1

Thanks cyclops !! I got the solution , actually the above suggestion that you provided was perfectly correct only issue was after logging with my credentials the SharePoint was displaying ServiceAccount and hence there was a conflict of rights.

I fired the below provided commands to change the display on to my credentials:-

STSADM –o updatefarmcredentials –identitytype NetworkService userlogin domainnameusername -password password.

This made the sharepoint list understand that it is the same account which has access to the k2 server and the things worked fine!!.