Pass Data from SmartObject to Datafield

• 22 December 2009
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

Hello,

I'm sure this is probably a simple thing to do but can't seem to figure it out.  I have a SmartObject Reference in Process 1 and I would like to send some data from that SmartObject (generated based on SharePoint Lists) into Process 2.  I can't find a simple way of setting a datafield value from a value stored in the SmartObject.  I originally tried to pass that SmartObject value but it appears I can only pass data from a datafield variable with an IPC Event.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2 replies

Badge +8

Are there any concerns for not re-using the same SmartObject the child process as well? That way you only need to pass the ID and there's no duplication of data.

If thats not possible, you probably need to configure a SmO event before the IPC, populate the fields into a Activity DataField and map those across. 

Badge +5

dc,

Thanks for the suggestion actually I am not sure how to send the same SmartObject to the child process?  Is that simply sending the ID so that I can Load the SmartObject again?  If that is the case then I didn't do that because I wanted to avoid another call to load data that I already had.  Anyways problem resolved I was able to get the data from SPEvents XML.