MOSS Web Part Issues

• 14 February 2008
  • 0 replies

Badge +2

Ok, having spent a day or so trying to figure out what was gonig on, I thought it would be a good idea to share my experiences with the MOSS web part after installing to a dev box containing K2 and MOSS. Especially considering the exceptions I've experienced have left no log details anywhere!

The only thing that was really any different in this install was that the Workflow server port was set to 7777 instead of 5555. Unfortunately the web part settings are not updated by the installer, so it's connection settings still said 5555. The fact you are pointing at the wrong port does not become immediately apparent, since the only 2 things that won't work are Redirect and Delegate context menu options.

When I noticed these features were not working I had custom exception messages turned on in MOSS, and this meant the web part gave me a very unhelpful message of:

"An unexpected error occurred, please review the following information:  "

Once I turned off custom exception messages it was more useful:

"An unexpected error occurred, please review the following information: 
Title: System exception
Type: Runtime - LoadActionsForProcess
Description: Invalid Packet Header Received!! "

So then I changed the port to the value i used when I installed blackpearl. Now redirect worked fine, but I still got the following error with Delegate:

Title: System exception
Type: Runtime - LoadActionsForProcess
Description: User K2:<domain><MOSS App Pool User> has insufficient rights to perform action GetActivityEvents. Minimum of Export rights are required to perform this action. 

In actual fact, the MOSS app pool user does not need export rights, but does need to be given Admin rights on the K2 server. Set this up and everything will work fine.

Note: having to give MOSS app pool user Admin rights has been logged as a bug.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!