Sharepoint Process not starting + installation on SPS/W2K3

• 22 April 2005
  • 3 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1
Hi!

I'm facing some problems with getting a sharepoint process to start...

Background info: everything is installed on a W2K3 server machine, which has a sharepoint installation in it's default website. I made another website registration on port 1024 and installed K2.NET on that website. So now that website on port 1024 has K2V3, with underneath that Workspace, WorkspaceService, InfoPathService, and SharePointProcessService installed.

I made an infopath process, which would simply send me a mail when a form was approved or dissapproved - which worked perfectly.

Then, I got to testing a sharepoint process, and there something goes wrong - I can design a process (which was supposed to send me a mail when a document was deleted from a certain document library), compile it, and export it to the server. The user properties are ok (I am allowed to start the process), server is running, Sharepoint is configured correctly (so events are fired when docs are uploaded, deleted, etc), but whatever I do, the process doesn't start... Although the infopath process still works.

So, I thought maybe the "Office Services" during installation should be installed onto the sharepoint website, not on the website I created for K2.

I removed K2, reinstalled it, but now with "InfopathService" and "SharePointProcessService" on the default (Sharepoint) website (they are both under "Office Web Services" during installation, so it's either both of 'em or nothing), and the other things on the K2 website on port 1024.

But now, the Infopathprocess doesn't work anymore: I get a SOAP CONFIG error when trying to submit the form. As for sharepoint processes, I can't create a Sharepoint process because of an error when entering the K2.net Web Service URL in the wizard - I tried using the default website and the k2 website on port 1024, both didn't resolve anything. I can't browse to the service (on default website) either from IIS - it either gives me a 404 or 403 error.

I thought it might have to do something with the Application Pool my websites are running in: K2-site on port 1024 runs in the DefaultApplicationPool, while Sharepoint runs in it's own ApplicationPool. But changing the application pool settings didn't resolve the problem either. Besides, it should be changed :-)

So, I guess what I want to know is: is my installation correct? Do I have to install all K2 parts onto the website I created for K2 on port 1024, or do I have to install the Infopath and SharepointProcess services onto the Sharepoint website (default website)?

If it's the first option: how come Sharepoint events don't seem to start my process?
If it's the second option: how come the Infopath process gives me a SOAP error, and I can't create a Sharepoint process anymore?

Any clues, anyone? :)

3 replies

Badge +4
Hi,

Did you grant the Anonymous user the Start permission on your process?

Sharepoint seems to start processes as the anonymous user, so all processes that will be started as a result of some action in Sharepoint must have an entry for the anonymous user in their ACL...

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Dave.
Badge +1
Well, what eventually solved the problem was a combination of things.

I installed everything again from scratch, on the same server as the one which has our SPS installation, but on a different website completely (so, "The First Option" I talked about in my original post). And then I designed a new SPS process, exported it, granted the Anonymous user access, and everything worked. I would've sworn I gave the Anon user access previously as well, but apparently something went wrong :-)

But now it works, tnx for your help!
Badge +1

In my views you don't have to bothered about web application pool in simple deployment scenario. Which means W2k3 and SPS and K2.net are installed on same/single machine, I think you reinstall entire components and start with admin ID- or become administrator to install all this again.