cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hyperlink on Task forms

Hi,

I have developing workflow system for leave application process.

In doing so, I am creating tasks for managers.

Is it possible to provide hyperlink on task form to attached files on the original list item(leave application which is different list item to task item? or,

Is it possible to provide link to list item(leave application) at all in task form.

Note: I am using Nintex workflow for 0365.

Thanks,

Vivek

9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Hyperlink on Task forms

Hi,

I was able to add hyperlink to Leave application.

Added a button on task form -> In settings, Set it as link type and javascript as action -> provide javascript on client click as window.open("Item URL"); .

Hope this would help someone to add a link on Task form.

mislaila
Nintex Newbie

Hi, I have try this.

The problem is when I close the link, I want it to go to specific page

Do you know how to achieve this?

I'm not good with javascript.

Thank you

0 Kudos
shaunlub
Nintex Newbie

This will open the list item, then loop the browser back to your site's home page:open list item loop back to home.PNG

stevens
Nintex Newbie

I've tried using the window.open("Item URL"); JS on a JS button control with Office 365 task form, and the Window simply refreshed. 

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

If you came her looking for a way to include a hyperlink in a Nintex for O365 Task Form and don't want to make use of a button-based approach, you can do this by leveraging a variable from your workflow in tandem with a Label Control on the form itself.

To do this, create a variable (text) in your workflow and populate it with an HTML Link making sure to inject any variables needed in the URL and label properties (see sample below).

Once this variable is in place, you can inject this variable into the contents of a Label Control on the form and you're good to go!

I wish the RTE hyperlink creation tool allowed for variable injection for the O365 product, but until it does, this is a sufficient solution. 

nj
Nintex Newbie

I tried using this. The Label actually just displays the HTML in the variable. It doesn't actually turn it into real HTML. Did I miss something?

The variable built correctly with my inserted variables.

<a href="http://mydomain/sitename/lists/listname/DispForm.aspx?ID=7" target="_blank">7 - Form Link </a>

Edit: Actually, I got it working by just using a Rich Text control and Inserting the Hyperlink instead of a label. It still displays as though a label would when in the "View Mode" of a Task Form.

jmbyrd
Nintex Newbie

This worked perfectly! Thanks

0 Kudos
kmorry19
Nintex Newbie

Great solution

0 Kudos
arai01
Nintex Newbie

The trick to have a rich text control worked brilliantly.

0 Kudos