cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to validate every line in repeat section.

Jump to solution

I have a repeat section which contains several textbox. I need to do some validation for every line.

I config the custom validation function but it works on first line only. When the first line pass the validation, all line pass. When first lines can't pass, all lines can't pass.

It seems that the client ID can only get the first line textbox and can't get the other lines.

How can I get textbox in every lines and do something else?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to validate every line in repeat section.

Jump to solution

Are you using validation rules or a validation on the specific control? Or by custom validation function, do you mean you are using a defined javascript function?

What is the validation requirement that you need?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello,

You can use the built in validation rules within the designer.  Click on the control that you want validation to occur on, and select "Add Rule" and for the type of rule, select Validation, and then in the formula section create the rule you need to fire. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

鎴浘00.jpg

I defined a javascript function named 'validRepeatDate' and set the validation function on the textbox control. I  need to validate that the text on this textbox can not less than another textbox.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Could you use two date controls instead? Then use a validation rule to compare the two dates?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks a lot. It works all right.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

How many rules can we add to one control?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have a similar problem. I want to use a Custom Javascript validation function.

The function is called for a field for every line of the repeating section. My problem is: I need not only the value of this field but also the value of a second field in the same line to build a key to validate against our SAP ERP system. But I don't see the possibility to access other fields in the actual line because the Client ID JavaScript variable name under the advanced section points ever to the field in the first line.

Any solutions there?

Best Regards

Manfred

0 Kudos