cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to validate email address in nintex

I created a nintex workflow that sends email notifications to document owners in SharePoint when his/her document is going to expire. It's already working as of now. However, one document owner no longer works in our company though he is still the owner of the document. So the email notification is still sent to him which is wrong. Is it possible to check/validate the owner's email address using nintex?

I tried using "set a condition" step and chose the condition "Person is a valid sharePoint user" but it still accepts the email address of the document owner. But when I try to manually send an email to the owner using my personal email, his email address cannot be found already.

I want to create a step in nintex where it validates the email address of the document owner and sends the email notification to a different person (with valid email address) if the document owner's email address is invalid.

Thank you so much in advance!

Labels: (1)
16 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to validate email address in nintex

Have this person set, on AD or User profile, any flag that he/she no longer works?

If so you could query the user profile or AD.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm not quite sure if there's any flag on AD or User profile. I'll ask out IT here about it. Thanks Fernando!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

There is no flag on the user profile, simply you will not find that user.

I made a test using the "Query user profile" action trying to query and inexistent user and I got the next error message >>> "No user profile found for user ..."

So using that action you can make your validation

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Fernando, I do not have a "Query User Profile" action in the nintex installed in our sharePoint. I only have "Query List"

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

By the way, I really appreciate your effort trying to test this. Thank you so much

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

What Sharepoint and nintex versions/Licenses you have?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I'm using SharePoint 2010. and Nintex 2010.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

"Query User Profile" is only in the Enterprise version of NW.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

You will have to upgrade Nintex from Standard to the Enterprise. Consider that you can have it now only paying the difference with your current license.

Accept as Solution Reply