cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use the workflow task owner's login to change an item status with assign flexi task.

I run a workflow on the submission of an absence request item. I assign an approval task item to a manager via the assign flexi task item. Once the manager approves or rejects the absence request, I update the original absence request item's status field to its new status. The version history shows the status update as being committed by the initiator of the workflow, rather than the manager. Obviously, this is a misleading interface; the user didn't approve or reject his or her own request. How can I set the status of the absence request item using the manager's credentials? Thanks for any guidance!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: How to use the workflow task owner's login to change an item status with assign flexi task.

Hello Spencer,

I too have the similar requirement, but not yet find any solution.

But whatever actions are there in the workflow will be executed on behalf of workflow initiator.

You can put your update item action inside the action set in the workflow, and for action set you can have the option to run that particular block as site owner. This case the item update will be done on behalf of workflow publisher.

If you don't want to use this approach, get the approver name from assign flexi task and add a column in your list for approver name, and update the same from the workflow.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply