Disable Fields inside the Forms based on Permissions

• 6 February 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I have a (Nintex 2013)form with the status field. When the users fill out the form, the status field should be disabled initially. If they try to review the submitted form, then again they should not have the ability to edit the status field inside the Form. Only admins should have the ability to change the status field. Please guide me to achieve this.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi

To achieve this there are two parts:

1) The SharePoint Groups

• Ensure that your Admins are in a particular group - such as the Site Owners, or "Form Admins", and that all other users are not in this group. 

2) The Form

• Click on your Status Field, and then click on "Add Rule".
  • Choose "Formatting", and click the "Disable" checkbox.
  • Your rule will be  {CurrentUser} != isMemberOfGroup("Site Owners")   (for example)

The form will ask itself, "is the Current User a member of Site Owners? if not, I'll disable this field. If yes, then I'll let them use it."

Does this make sense for your situation?

Cheers,

Rhia

Badge +6

Hi Vishnu,

You can use Nintex Form Rules to achieve this.

All you have to do is , Select the control and Add rule to it.

rules2.png

Please See this for further understanding : Show or hide controls with Rules in Nintex Forms  

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I don't think this answers his requirement for admins to be able to access.

Badge +1

Hi Rhia,

It worked. Thanks for sharing the details. I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Badge +1

Thanks for the Input Bashya. My Issue has been resolved now. I followed Rhia's approach.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

I'm glad to hear that! Please mark my answer as correct so others can learn as well grin.png 

Badge

Hi,

I found inline functions(isMemberOfGroup) is not available when we add rules. I am using nintex form 2016

I am new to nintex, and stuck in situation where I have four panel arranged tab wise, with all having different field. 

I need to disable the fields of first tab not hide them, when the user is not present in particular sharepoint group.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Surendra

Badge +11

I am also running Nintex 2016 on premise and isMemberOfGroup is missing.
The function is available on 365 I believe.

Badge +1

If you need to disable a field based on more than one permission group, it is best to use an expression formula in the control settings, rather than use a rule.

Go into the Control Settings and expand "Appearance".

To the right of "Enabled", select 'Expression'. 

Formulate the expression to look like this (for two groups):

fn-Or(fn-IsMemberOfGroup("NameOfGroupOne"),fn-IsMemberOfGroup("NameOfGroupTwo"))

Hope this helps at least somebody.