cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use allow fill in choice in people picker column ?

Jump to solution

How to use allow fill in choice in people picker column ?

Thanks in advance.Emily Billing

Gokulnath

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
11 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to use allow fill in choice in people picker column ?

Jump to solution

Hi, gokulnath palani​!

Emily's no longer the community manager, but I'll try to help.  First step willl be moving this question to the Getting Started​ space. The Hangout space is where our Technology Partner Evangelist, Eric Harris, posts about his Google Hangouts. We'll get more eyes on your question in the Getting Started space!

Thanks!

Frank

Your community manager

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

Where can you see this option? please explain your question with the help of a screen shot and whether it is workflow or form related?

This option is available in Choice field, when you have defined the choices and you also want users to enter their own values. In people picker, users can always enter new values as they want.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi Kabil Joshi,

We have choice field with Allow Fill in Choices. But I need Allow fill in

choice in people picker column. (If user wish to add the persons who is in

outside of the organization)

Thanks in advance

Gokulnath.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Are you using SP2013 on-prem or O365? There is limitation with people picker and external users on O365 but if you have shared your site with external users, people picker should be able to look it up from the users list. I'm not completely sure but you should google it.

This might not be nintex question but SP-peoplepicker issue.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Kabil Joshi for your kind information.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

As Kapil mentioned, this is a question about SharePoint and has nothing to do with Nintex.

However, people picker cannot be configured to accept any user input like a choice field. The people picker will always look for a valid profile in the user profile service. If you actually want your users to be able to create user profiles (which I hope you don't), you could create a Nintex Workflow for that. If you need your users to enter external persons, you will either have to create a profile for them or use regular text input fields.

Regards

Philipp

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Let us know if this leads you to a solution, and please click the "correct answer" button beneath the reply that did the trick for you!

If you're still figuring things out, do circle back to the thread to let us know.

Thanks!

Frank

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

As it was mentioned before the people picker field cannot accept fill in choices. You could do a workaround with Nintex Forms. Create a "User Type" drop-down field with two options: Internal and External. In the form create a rule to show the People Picker field if Internal is selected or a regular text field if External is selected. If you want to keep the user info in a single column you can copy both Internal and External to another text column when submitted. Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi  igorsp,

I created the Nintex form ( "User Type" drop-down field with two options: Internal and External. In the form create a rule to show the People Picker field if Internal is selected or a regular text field if External is selected. )But i don't know how to copy the Internal and External to another text column when submitted.If you don't mind will you please elaborate  how to do that?

Because I am new to NINTEX FORM..

Thanks

IgorspNF.png

0 Kudos