Error deploying first smartobject

• 27 June 2008
  • 4 replies

Badge

This error is raised when I am trying to deploy a smartobject in a newly configured dev environment:

Error 1 Deploy smartobjects: Task error: SmartObjectServer Exception: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

C:K2 BP ProjectsADE SmartObjectsADE SmartObjectsobjDebugDeploymentADE SmartObjects.msbuild 56 6 ADE SmartObjects

Any ideas?

Thanks!

4 replies

Badge +3

Hello JonL,

This is typically associated with the MSDTC component not being configured properly.  You can look at the following to see if it helps or not:

Reinstall the MSDTC component on both the k2 server and SQL server

Check out this Microsoft KB:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/920783

hope this helps,

Jon

Badge +3
If none of that helps, I would say to contact microsoft, because this seems like an issue outside of K2.
Badge +1
I'm having the same issue.  Did you ever get a resolution to this?
Badge +3
You will also get this message if you're working with cloned environments in which the two communicating environments have ended up with the same  unique identity for the MSDTC.  In this case, the error your seeing is ususally accompanied by an item in the Application Event Log which essentially states the same thing along with instructions as to how to remedy (which is running the following commands on the database server msdtc -uninstall follwed by msdtc -install)