cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

How to use SharePoint Online Context in Nintex Form

How can we use SharePoint Online context in a Nintex Form?

• _spPageContextInfo.userId
  • _spPageContextInfo.webAbsoluteUrl
  • etc ...

This code not working and return a undefined for _spPageContextInfo, so what Nintex Form use to commit form fields to sharepoint list and keep users informations alive in the nintex form?

var pollSP;
NWF.FormFiller.Events.RegisterAfterReady(function () { console.log("*** NintexForms.js RegisterAfterReady: " + BusinessUnitClientID); pollSP = setInterval(checkSPLoad, 500); try { if (ExpirationDateClientID != "") { SetDefaultExpirationDate(); AttachEventOnChangeInput("input[id='" + ExpirationDateClientID + "']", "SetDefaultExpirationDate();"); if (CollaborationTypeClientID != "") { AttachEventOnChangeInput("select[id='" + CollaborationTypeClientID + "']", "SetDefaultExpirationDate();"); } } } catch (err) { console.log("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"); console.log(err); console.log("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"); } }); function checkSPLoad() { if (clientContext) { window.clearInterval(pollSP); onSPLoad(); } } function onSPLoad() { try { console.log("*** onSPLoad called "); var userId = _spPageContextInfo.userId; console.log("*** onSPLoad Current User = " + userId); } catch (err) { console.log("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"); console.log(err); console.log("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"); } }

To all technicals nintex evangelists, If it's not possible, doe not hesitate and please confirm it to me, so i can stop losing my times with nintex form and do it easiest with an SPFx components.

cheers!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to use SharePoint Online Context in Nintex Form

@maxime_ouellet, Can you share what you are trying to do with SharePoint Online Context?

Wihtin Nintex forms you can use calculated value controls and labels to show information from the context of the form such as initiator, current date, time, etc. You can also pull information from the User Profile as well. 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

As @eharris04 mentioned, the userprofile function can pull data back from the user profile service for the logged in user. This example below is pulling back the preferred language property as an example.

2019-03-18_10-51-40.png

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

I'll try it with current user login id, previously i used Email and it's unfortunately always return "ui-ui" as a value 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

@eharris04 , i just want to do everything that i can do with an spfx form, like complex ajax call on list /or search result, multiples updates in multiple list with complex criteria rules... i just want to make nintex more powerfull with my client needs Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

@EuanGamble ,  it's only return ui-ui as a value.

<div style="top:35px;left:235px;z-index:100;overflow:hidden;background-color:;height:25px;width:165px;" class="nf-form-hidden nf-filler-control nf-filler-highlightonvalidationerror" formcontrolid="c7af2b34-318b-4d2a-be6b-2946f0a93f05" data-controlname="__UserLanguage" data-uniqueid="c0a89c70-0781-4bd4-8623-f73675005e17" data-controlid="c7af2b34-318b-4d2a-be6b-2946f0a93f05" data-formcontroltypeid="c0a89c70-0781-4bd4-8623-f73675005e17" data-enabled="True"><div class="nf-filler-control-border"><div class="nf-filler-control-inner"><div style="overflow:hidden;width:100%;" class="nf-calculation"><label class="nf-calculation-control" style="vertical-align:inherit;">ui-ui</label><input name="ListForm$formFiller$FormView$ctl102$ctl20$d2ef08eb_5286_40ac_8562_50b2f0672d7c" type="hidden" id="ListForm_formFiller_FormView_ctl102_ctl20_d2ef08eb_5286_40ac_8562_50b2f0672d7c" class="nf-calculation-control-value" data-type="string2" formcontrolid="c7af2b34-318b-4d2a-be6b-2946f0a93f05" value="ui-ui"></div></div></div></div>

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Nintex Forms SPS-Languages.jpg

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Hi @maxime_ouellet,

I have tested it on my 365 environment successfully. Are you sure you have your language set in editprofile.aspx

sps-content.png

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Hi @EuanGamble , yes i'm sure, we're on european tenant...

SPO Profil Language & Region.jpg

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

@EuanGamble , can you try the same in a classic form? I must use classic to do some complex validation and default selection that isn't exist in modern ui ....

0 Kudos