cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

How to upload files to document library

We have a scenario in which (in the middle of a workflow) with a Nintex Form the user would upload documents ( each 1..10+ MB) as attachement to a list item.

I'd like to change this as the following:

- Create a new folder for the list item in the dedicated library

- Upload the files right into a document library's new folder

- Save the documents' names / paths into the list item. ( in separate columns)

Is there any way to solve it within the form or I have to manage it within workflow somehow as a later step?

Thanks in advance!

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How to upload files to document library

Hi,

Yes it is possible. Here are the post where people solved same problem:

Copy attachment from list item to document library

But i just don't understand why you need to copy attachments to other library if they are initially  already in a hidden folder. You need some how to manage those documents later ? If yes then when you will get the URL's of attachments you will be able to use copy document to other library action, and update item fields with new URL's.

Hope it helps.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks, I will try this.

These documents part of a process, and later they want to manage it without the workflow and List, like a document archive.

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi, Szabó Róbert​. Let us know how it works out. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Just a recommendation...I wouldn't create a folder. In SharePoint try to steer away from folders and use a field that is a lookup 'type' or choice field or put them in different document libraries. For example: instead of creating a folder for Mustang, Lexus, BMW, etc create a field that is a lookup to a car type list. Or create a document library for each. That way things don't get lost in folders and users won't duplicate things so easily.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Unfortunately, I couldn't solve it easily. We can use SP web services for this, but it's too complicated for business users whom try to use it as a self-serv tool. (We avoid UDAs for other reasons... but that's a possibility to encapsulate the logic) We plan to develop a custom control for this scenario.

We (with Dániel Baranyi ) already developed a control to upload files from task forms attachment, directly to the list item attachments...

Accept as Solution Reply