cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to update the color properties of a list item field with html?

Jump to solution

We have a summary list filled out of five different lists with different Information.

One Information out of each list is a Green/Yellow/Red Status.

I am using single line text boxes (rich text) in the summary to transfer the information to the summary list.

Now I want the field properties to be changed automatically by a workflow with NintexWF´10.

I thought to change the HTML of the field but I do not know how. I know the code but which Action(s) do I need to use?

thx

Joe D.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to update the color properties of a list item field with html?

Jump to solution

with your intended approach, once the status field is updated a way that do not invoke the your specific workflow, your html customization will not get updated, and will provide incosistent results

IMHO, better option is to take advantage of sharepoint's calculated columns that can provide the same and instant results.

something like this

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You can use client-side rendering.

see examples at Office Client-side rendering (JS Link) code samples in JavaScript

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

does CSR work on SP2010?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Client-side rendering is a new concept in SharePoint 2013.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

thx for your help!

I used:

=WENN(QG1_Status="grün";"<span style=' background-color: green'>__________</span>";WENN(QG1_Status="gelb";"<span style=' background-color: yellow'>__________</span>";WENN(QG1_Status="rot";"<span style=' background-color: red'>__________</span>";"<span style=' background-Color: #545454'>__________</span>")))

For multiple Color settings

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You can achieve something similar in SP2010 by using a normal List View and then customising it with Javascript (almost certainly JQuery for speed and convenience).

For example if you wanted the whole line in the list to take on a certain background colour or border colour based on status (instead of just one field), you could do this with JQuery.

You can also do similar things by using Sharepoint Designer to customise a DataView web part, but these days using Javascript on the client seem increasingly the way to do for display customisation.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

thanks for the post, Colin.

yes, I know about that. I'm not on SP2010 and do not have experience with it. I thought CSR was introduced in SP2013 but wasn't sure. since solution for SP2010 was questioned, I rather asked so avoid confusions.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Please Question if you have Nintex form and I want to if any user change any data ( text color for this data changed must change).

0 Kudos