I am having an issue with trying to update a multi-select choice field on my context item via the Update item action. I have created a custom task form, to which I have added a multi-select choice field, and I save the value of the choice field to a variable for update to a corresponding field on my list item, through the workflow Update item action. However, after the update, though I am seeing the updated field value(s) on the list view, I do not see them in my item form, (which is a Nintex form). Is there some sort of magic formula for updating multi-select choice field via workflow, so that the selected values are visible on the form? Incidentally, if I choose only one item in the multi-select values, the one selection is displayed in my form, this only fails with multiple selections.
multiple choice option are usually split with a semicolon, not a comma.
Do you change the content you get from tasklist form control anyhow before you save it to list?
Yes, I did convert semi-colon to comma, and if you look at the screenshot, you will see that the list view shows the values separated by comma. But still it is not displayed in the form control. If I go into the form in edit mode and set the values, it will display, or even if I modify the field via Quick Edit mode on list view, the values will display in the form, but I really need to get this to work without manual intervention.
I just reread your response, and it looks like maybe I misunderstood your response about the comma. Originally, when I created the update task, the result that was created was separated by semi-colon, which didn't work, so I looked at the list, and noticed other multi-select values, which were displaying correctly on the form, were not separated by semi-colons, but by commas, so then I converted the semi-colon to comma before updating the value. So the multiple values are not displayed on the form, whether separated by comma or separated by semi-colon.
ok, I see.
it's a problem that sharepoint and nintex display, work and store choice values with a different delimiter in different scenarios.
try to replace semicolon delimiter within a workflow variable that you get populated from task form with a sequence of semicolon + hash and make list field update with such a value.
so if you eg. select options "SAP1" and "SAP2" a string value that you should make update with should look like "SAP1;#SAP2"