Email Notification is sent twice by the worflow.

Badge +3

I have an e-mail notification at the end of my workflow that notifies several people of the completion of the tasks. This notification delivers this email twice to everyone. Any ideas why this is occurring?

Thanks

14 replies

Badge +11

Do you have the workflow kicking off on when an item is added and when an item is modified? You may be running the workflow twice. The way to find out is put a 'Log History' action at the beginning of the workflow and see if you see whatever text you put in there twice.

Badge +3

Hi and thanks for your response.  The workflow is configured to start manually.   I don't think it is running twice because the other tasks are only received once by the assignees.  One thing though, I have several documents that I have this workflow scheduled to run on at different times. Don't know if that makes a difference.. thanks again

Badge +11

Yeah, again put that 'Log History' action in at the beginning of the workflow. It will tell you instantly if it is run more than once. If that is the case, the next step will be to find out what is calling it more than once. If necessary, you can always break out this workflow so based on certain criteria it will send the notification.

Badge +11

Can you copy a screenshot of you workflow?

Badge +3

ok, thanks, I will give a try and get back to you.

Badge +3

WF2016_02_04_14_46_45_Workflow_Designer.jpg

Badge +11

So if someone rejects it, send out a notification - another approval goes out and if that is accepted send out another notification. There is two emails going out. Do they go to the same people? Did you intend it to work this way?

Badge +3

Hi,

If it is approved the email goes out. If it is rejected an additional step is required then a different email goes out.

Thanks

Badge +3

I just tried a test with only two names for the notification email and only one email was received.  Do you think this error is being caused because I have too many names in the email notification? I have 25 people the notification goes out to.

Badge +11

I'm not sure. When I troubleshoot I always go one step at a time. So gradually add one email at a time and see what triggers it to mess up.

Badge +3

I broke up the 1 notification that had 26 recipients into 3 notifications with max 9 recipients. Right now it seems to have corrected the issue. thanks to you for your help!

Badge +11

Did my reply help you? If so, can it get marked as correct?

Badge +3

definitely helped, thanks for your time

Badge +11

Thanks Anit enot​!