Attachment control is missing in the form

• 23 March 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

I created a Form. It is based on a user defined site content type.

I don't know if I deleted the attachment control, but now I can't find a possibility to add this control to my form. 

Using the "Quick edit" view I can add attachments to the list. 

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

Christian 

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi there - 

EDIT: Oh, it looks like it IS a list. Huh.

==

If it's on a Document Library, instead of a list, this is probably why. Attachments aren't available on libraries.

The form only appears when you view the properties on a document.

If you're looking to control what's submitted into the document library specifically, the way around this is to create a list with attachments and then use that data to populate the library.

Cheers,

rhia

Badge +2

Right, it is a list. happy.png

Badge +11

Hi Christian,

I understand you are missing the attachment control from the "List Columns" tab of your forms designer?

214034_pastedImage_1.png

Can you check central administration if the control is at least officially installed? (CA -> Nintex Forms Management)

214035_pastedImage_2.png

If it is installed properly but not available in your designer I recommend to open a support ticket. Re-Creating the form or the whole list may help as well but i could image that you rather not wanna do this wink.png

Cheers

Philipp

Badge +5

A workaround is...

After creating your site content type and customising the form. On the list that you've added the content type to, Edit with Nintex Forms. You should then see Attachments under list columns. Add the attachments control to the form. Export the Form. Go back to your Site Content Type, Edit with Nintex Forms, import the Form you just exported. Then Publish.

You'll then have the Attachments control in your Nintex Form for your Site Content Type.

Badge +3
How do I complete the above insturctions? I've exported my form, how do I go back to site content type?
Badge +3

Never mind.  I deleted a bunch of no longer needed list items and it works.  Apparently I hit a limit and it broke the ability to save attachements.