cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to tell if reviewer is a delegate or the original intended reviewer?

I have workflows making use of the Flexi-Task action. I have a business need to track if a task was performed by the original intended reviewer, or by somebody delegated by the reviewer. I'm not seeing any sort of "isDelegate" flag or other means of determining if a delegation took place.

Somewhere within the innards of Nintex Workflow a determination is made that "Fred" or whoever has delegated their tasks to "Barney" or whoever. So Nintex knows of both Fred and Barney. But how do I get my hands on this information so I can utilize it in my workflow?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to tell if reviewer is a delegate or the original intended reviewer?

Hi Alan,

You could create an additional field in the task list. Populate this field with same as the Assigned To when the task is created for the first time. Create a workflow on the task list which would be triggered if Current AssignedTo is not equal to Previous value of AssignedTo. In this case, you can track this in some other list or send out a notification that Assigned To has changed. copy the new Assigned to Value to the other column you created so you can track next delegation. Hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Create an empty collection variable, empty number variable, and a empty string variable.

On the flexitask set the "Store task ID's in" to the collection variable.

Under the flexitask make a foreach loop.

Set the target collection to the collection variable and the Store Result to the number variable

Within the foreach loop place a set variable action and set the string variable to = list lookup

Set source = Workflow tasks

Field Assigned To

When ID = Workflow Data =the number variable above.

This will allow you to get whoever was the last delegated approver of the task, you can also change the assigned to to "ApproverComments" to get their comments.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thank you Benjamin M. I took your instructions and used them to build out a workflow Get-Actual-Reviewer.nwf, which I have attached. The workflow will return "varActualReviewer" as a person/group variable. May this help anybody in the future who needs to find the actual reviewer versus the original reviewer for any Flexi-Task operations.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I wish to note that while I'm flagging my respone with attached workflow as "correct answer", it would never have happened without the recipe provided by Benjamin Martinson. Thank you Mr. Martinson!

0 Kudos