How to create a distinction rule dynamicly

• 19 April 2005
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
hi all,

I want to design such a process:

Tom begins a request for leaving. The request should be sent to Tom's superior---Mike . Then be sent to Mike's superior---John . Then request should be sent until it arrives the highest manager of the department.

In our company , There are several departments , and levels of orgnazition stucture of diffrent departments are diffrent . so distinction rule of the request must be created by dynamic procedures .

How should I design such a process ? Do I have to create several processes according to the number of department?

Your kind reply will be appreciated.

Thank You!

1 reply

Badge +8
Perhaps a client event with slots for each destination would help if you only want to use a single process for all departments.

In this case, you'd run some code in the destination rule to add destinations as long as a superior is found. You would use the option to create a slot for each destination and add a succeeding rule that each slot is either completed before continuing, or if any slot = declined then complete. The problem is that the worklist item will be assigned to all destination users at the same time, so a manager might approve the leave application before the supervisor declines it.