Nintex Forms 2013 Current User Display

• 13 March 2015
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

My "Current User" value is displaying "i:0#.w|domainusername". How can I get this to display the users full name and not "i:0#.w|domainusername".

Thanks

9 replies

Badge +9

Hi Brandon

to show the current users display name insert a people picker control:

In preview it looks like

Kind regards

Manfred

Badge +1

Great. I now get the users name in that field but now my calculated value fields don't populate. An example userProfileLookup(Employee Name,"department").

Thanks

Badge +1

To clarify the "employee name" is a people picker column that the manager selects the name and based on the name they select I am trying to auto populate the title and department fields. This is not based on the current user.

Thanks

Badge +9

You can insert People picker control name into formula, e.g. person:

userProfileLookup(person,"Manager")

It shows me the manager.

Kind regards

Manfred

Badge +1

Works great. The mistake I was making is not selecting the control name.

Thank you for all the help.

Badge

Hi Manfred,

I have tried to replicate this but having no luck. Can you please confirm:

What column type is the Department column? 

I have tried making this a calculated column, but am unable to select my employee name column in the formula. Do you add this formula into the sharepoint column directly or in the nintex form control?

Thanks,

billie

Badge +9

I added the formula to an Nintex Forms Calculated Value control. 'departement' or 'Manager' are user profile attributes.

Badge +1

I don't understand the answer. I want the user's name to be entered into the list that the form belongs to. I need it to have a Name and be Connected To the proper field in the list. 

All I want is the user's name. I don't want the manager or the department.. I just want the user. 

I have the field set exactly as you show, selecting Current User, and I am still getting "i:0#.w|domainusername".

Any other suggestions? 

Control Settings for my Single Line Textbox, with Current User as default value

Results showing i:0#.w|domainuserID

Badge
Use the user profile attribute "PreferredName".
I.e. (Current User, "PreferredName")