Prepopulating user fields without JavaScript

• 19 February 2018
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a form that is going to have a people picker field and the following fields i.e email, department etc need to be prepopulated from the user profile. However a requirement is not to use Java Script and to use NIntex form OOTB functioanliy.

Is there any other way to pull back information from user profile without using JS.

Please help! 

Danielle

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

with classic forms you can not do that.

you only could use calculated value control, but that will not allow you to edit profile values.

you could however do it with responsive forms and its 'Set value' rules.

Badge +1

Hi Marian,

Thanks for the tip. 

I have managed to create a new responsive form and tried the runtime function on a calculated field.

"userprofilelookup(EmployeeName, "WorkPhone") however the value is displaying #value

Is setvalue another runtime function i should try to add to the formula to bring back the phone number?

213445_pastedImage_1.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

"userprofilelookup(EmployeeName, "WorkPhone")

is it just how you retyped the formula here or do you used that exact syntax?

apart from (likely typo) apostrophe character at the very beginning, proper syntax of the function is with mixed case: userProfileLookup()

can you post a screenshot how does your formula looks like?

use formula builder to create formulas. do not type in them manually, nor copy&paste from somewhere.

Badge +1

HI Marian, 

please see the screen shot below

213461_pastedImage_2.png

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

ok, that seems correct.

do you have populated the property for user(s)?

can you follow these hints to check it directly within sharepoint?

https://community.nintex.com/message/27042?commentID=27042#comment-27042 

https://community.nintex.com/message/65808-userprofilelookup-with-workemail-not-working#comment-65874 

Badge +1

thanks, ill have a read!

Userlevel 2
Badge +11

Can your IT department confirm that the WorkPhone is actually filled in the windows user profiles? Also, use the "Employee Name" Named Control and not from the Item Properties!! Item Properties are only available after saving a form, and as such are empty in a new Form. If you don't see the field in the Named Controls list, check if the control has its own name.

As for responsive forms.... is the Set Value rule option available for all control types (last I recall is that it is only available for text fields)???