Document Library Event problem following upgrade to MOSS

• 1 October 2007
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

I am testing the upgrade to MOSS at the moment, and on a test server I have upgraded a site which contains a document library which has a K2 event attached to start a workflow.  As we're doing a gradual upgrade I can still see the original site and the event still works there and starts the workflow.  In the upgraded 2007 site the workflow doesn't start.  The document library is slightly different post upgrade - on the upload document page it used to require yout to fill in a number of fields which were used by the K2 process.  Now when you upload the document, it seems to upload it and then direct you to another page and ask for the extra information.  Either way I would expect the K2 workflow to be kicked off on the upload event and at the moment the workflow isn't starting at all.  Should this be working, or is there something I need to do?

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Chloe. A couple of things to think about:

1. Have you installed K2.net 2003 Additinal Compenents for MOSS on the MOSS server?

2. If yes to 1, then have you exported a K2 2003 process that points to the MOSS doc lib?

3. If yest to 2, then have you granted Anonymous the Start Permission for this process in K2 Service Mgr?

4. If yes to 3, are there any errors in the Event Log on the MOSS server that could provide some background as to what is happening?

Bob

Badge +10
Also check to make sure that backwards compatible event handlers are turned on and that there is one configured in that library
Badge +2

Hi,

I have the "backward compatible" event handlers activated for the entire site, but how do I configure an Event Handler for the particular library?  Is that by exporting my K2 workflow, or is this a setting?

Thanks,

Adriano

Badge +9
K2 should handle that when you walk through the wizard in K2 Studio.