The file '/_layouts/NintexWorkflow/ConfiguredOutcomePanel.ascx' does not exist

• 7 January 2016
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

We started to get this error on our SharePoint 2013 Farm when anyone clicks on a workflow Task item. It is happening on all of our sites. I have confirmed that the file is in the 15/templates/layouts/NintexWorkflow directory.

I attempted to retract and redeploy the solution but this did not change the matter.

Any ideas on how to go about resolving this?

4 replies

Badge +6

Do you have in the 14TEMPLATELAYOUTS a Nintex directory?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yes there was a directory there, albeit missing alot. What I ended up doing was removing Nintex completely (First the wsp files then from Programs) and reinstalling. The files were all put back in. Apparently when I retracted and removed a third party branded Nintex solution it removed core Nintex elements but failed to redeploy those bits when I redeployed the third party wsp.

Badge +6

Did you try to launch this PowerShell command: Install-SPSolution -Identity <Nintex solution> -GACDeployment -CompatibilityLevel AllVersions (deployement in 14 and 15 hive).

If the deployement failed, you can try to force installation (not the better practice but that can help sometimes to recover a stable plateform): Install-SPSolution -Identity <wsp solution> -GACDeployment -CompatibilityLevel AllVersions -Force.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Ah! That's good information and I would have saved me about 90 minutes late last night. Should it ever happen again I'll give that try. The powershell that the 3rd party vendor supplied did have the compatibilityLevel set to 14,15.