SmartObject Associations - Enumerating in ASPX

• 22 April 2008
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I have created the following SmartObjects:

Customer(CustomerID, Name,  Surname, ...) and Account(CustomerID, AccountID, AccountNumber, Date....)

I have associated them together on the CustomerID field in a 1 Customer to Many Account relationship.

My problem comes, when in ASPX, I attempt to enumerate all the associations of the SmartObjects.

I can pick up the SmartObjects with no problem.

When I run the following code, I only get associations for the Account SO:

SmartObject so = soServer.GetSmartObject(smartObject);

for (int i = 0; i < so.Associations.Count; i++)
              {
                    Listbox1.Items.Add(so.Associations.SmartObject.Name);

for (int j = 0; j < so.Associations.AssociatedProperties.Count; j++)
                    {
                        Listbox1.Items.Add(so.Associations.AssociatedProperties.Name + " <-> " +
                            so.Associations.AssociatedProperties.MapTo + " ( " +
                            so.Associations.SoName + " ) ");
                    }

}

I think this happens because of the way the association is stored in the database.

The table SmartBroker.dbo.Associations has the following fields (the important ones only):

SmartObjectName: Account

RefSmartObjectName: Customer

AssociationType: onetomany

My guess is that the associations are only loaded on the SmartObject field and not the RefSmartObject (using the GUID, not the physical name).

I need to be able to follow all associations in both directions but I'm not sure if it is possible.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mike

3 replies

Badge +8
Hey Mike,
Did you figure it out ? please share
Badge +2

Hi,

I have not had a chance to look at it but I will be taking a trip to the K2 offices soon to make sure I have the latest K2 binaries and code. If it still does not work, I will ask the K2 guys.

Badge +2
I just tried again with K2 for Visual Studio 4.7285.1.0 and still no joy. I'm not sure what the actual latest version is though.