Web Service could not be resolved

Badge +4

All-

I have a workflow process that I have added two web services to using the project references interface. They deployed and worked perfectly until I closed the K2 Designer and opened the project again. How it is as if the web service references are not there. I get the following error when I build the project. 

"Assembly Reference WorkflowServices could not be resolved. Please ensure the the assembly is registered correctly and exists on disk."

I have even tried to remove the web service calls from the project references and I get this error.

System.IO.FileLoadException: The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nInit(Assembly& assembly, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean raiseResolveEvent)
at System.Reflection.AssemblyName.nInit()
at System.Reflection.AssemblyName..ctor(String assemblyName)
at SourceCode.ProjectSystem.BuildProject.RemoveReference(Reference reference)
at SourceCode.ProjectSystem.BuildProject.OnAnyItemRemoving(ItemChangeEventArgs e)
at SourceCode.Framework.PersistableContainerObject.OnItemRemoving(ItemChangeEventArgs e)
at SourceCode.Framework.PersistableObjectCollectionBase`2.Remove(TItem item)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Process.RemoveReference(Reference reference)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Authoring.Process.OnAnyItemRemoving(ItemChangeEventArgs e)
at SourceCode.Framework.PersistableContainerObject.OnItemRemoving(ItemChangeEventArgs e)
at SourceCode.Framework.PersistableObjectCollectionBase`2.Remove(TItem item)
at SourceCode.Workflow.Wizards.References.Project.ProjectReferencesPage.RemoveRibbonItem_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

Any ideas of how to get the K2 Designer to recognize my web service references?

Mike Trouard

2 replies

Badge +3

Hello Mike,

I've seen this before maybe you can try the following work around:

Manually edit the .kprx file using K2 Designer for Notepad. Remove all references to the assembly. Re-open in Visual Studio and re-add the web reference.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Jon

Badge +11
I have seen this before as well, usually when I move the project containing web services to a different environment.  Jon is correct, you can manually edit the .kprx file and remove all references to the web service.  Make a backup copy of the .kprx before you edit it, just in case.  There is a ticket for this issue and it has been identified as a bug that will be fixed in a future release.