Notification error

• 24 June 2008
  • 1 reply
  • 1 view

Badge +3

I am having issues sending email notifications through a client event in K2 BlackPearl v0803.  I have selected the checkbox in the client event wizard.  The user account assigned to the event has a valid email.  I have changed the from account from the System@K2.local address to a valid email address.  I have confirmed that it is being used.  Message queuing has been set up.  It is a single server implementation.  I am using a domain account to run the services (the domain account does not have an email address, although I did try changing this to an account that did, but was still unsuccessful).

The error message in the K2 Server Console is:

• Error   2025 Error Marshalling SourceCode.SmartFunctions.Runtime.SmartFunctionEngine.Execute, Exception occurred during execution of SmartFunction SystemPoliciesSendEmail v(1), Exception:  --- Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.;Failure sending mail.;Unable to connect to the remote server;No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it ---

I have spoken with the exchange server team and there is no restrictions on computers trying to send emails.  I have tested the sending of emails from this server using some C# code that accesses the smtp server in a similar fashion, and that wroked.

Any ideas as to where else I can look to get this going?

1 reply

Badge +6

Hi there,

Have you had a look at the notifications in the workspace to see if you can view/change your notification from there? I would be curious to see if you get an error message from there too.. Maybe also try to delete the notification from there and then re-create it.

The error message it self sounds like on when the appropriate service is not found or running. Perhaps check in your SourceCode.Eventbus.EventAdmin.dll.config file in hostserver/bin folder to make sure that the connection strings there point directly to your server (and not to a cluster name or something)