Error when sending email event to destination user groups

• 17 August 2011
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I get the following error when I run an Email Event using Destination Sets for Groups.

Normal

false
false
false

EN-US
X-NONE
X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

"The
parameter at 'addresses' cannot be an empty string.

Parameter name: addresses"

I have the Destination Set configured to send to a custom group in our system, but K2 should be grabbing those emails, correct? The users all have valid emails. THe Email Event works if i send it directly to the users, so it has to be something with the Destination Set.

Here are my environment details:

K2 build: 4.10060.1.1320

Is this a distributed or standalone environment? Standalone

Are
you using SharePoint 2007 or 2010? Not using Sharepoint. Use K2 with our
web application.

Single-server or farm? Single Server

How many K2 servers? Two – One Production & Staging

Is this a single or multi-domain environment? Single

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

I would say that either the AD group doesn’t have a valid Email Address or one of the members of the groups doesn’t have a valid email address. Check that the Group has a valid email. Ie GROUP@Mail.com

HTH

Vernon

Badge +10

Hi,

It might or might not be related, but check the planning options of the destination rule.

If it is Just once, K2 will not have context into the destination and will not be able to get the details for the group.

Change the destination planning option to all at once. K2 will then be able to get the group as the destination and get the e-mail property.

Hope this helps!

Badge +8

I just started having a similar problem.

my client activity is assigned to a sharepoint group containing 2 names, and both get the task notification. The task is set to 1 slot, so the first one to finish it makes it go on. The subsequent step is an email event, and I'm just trying to send a notification to the originator that the request has been completed.

The email event is the one that is throwing the error ... "The parameter 'addresses' cannot be an empty string. Parameter name: addresses"

These email events were working a few weeks ago. In the meantime I was having trouble completing a task and was working on that. Now that I can complete a task I can't send an email!

Badge +1

From or To email addresses must be empty. Check the email addresses and check the destination rules.

Badge +10

Hi,

Since you are sending the email to the Originator of the process, check whether the user who started the process has the Email Address property set in Active Directory Users and Computers. Set the property and then try again.

Regards,