Retrieve information from AD

• 25 July 2006
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
In the properties windows of Server Mail Event or SMTP notification, we can drag the Originator's Name or Email to the message body. I supposed the originator's name and email is retrieved from AD, but how the about other AD fields such as Telephone, Job Title etc? Let's say we want to include a originator's telephone in the message body, how can I do this in K2 studio?

3 replies

Badge +11
For this you will need to write custom code using the standard .Net DirectoryServices class. Out-of-the-box functionality unfortunately only include Name, Email and I think a Description.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +4
Also have a look at the following forum:
http://forum.k2workflow.com/viewtopic.php?t=476&highlight=directoryservices
Badge +9
Ockert is correct by saying that K2.net only implement Mail, Description and User Name

A word of caution, I would not implement a solution that polls AD on a regular basis for user information, this can have a major impact on performance in a production environment especially when you have high volumes. Also remember AD is one of the business critical systems and most other systems depend on AD, if AD is hammered with requests other systems can suffer because of slow responses.