After approving a task, user is taken to the task list.  How do I stop it?

Badge +3

After a supervisor approves a task and selects the okay (the save and submit control) the user is taken to the task list.   How do I stop it?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

This is probably happening as the user is clicking on a link from an email as there is no source url to fall back to.

Could you create a custom Nintex form for that task and provide a redirect URL for the form?

Badge +3

This is a custom nintex form that I created in the assign flexi task.  The form pops up but when they select the okay it redirects them to the task list.  The approval action works on the task list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In the Form Settings, under Advanced, do you see a Redirection URL setting? Can you use this?

Badge +3

I'll try that.

Badge +3

The redirection URL is empty

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Yes, it will be empty by default and use the SOURCE query string parameter if it is provided when needing to redirect. For instance if you come from a webpart page that has the tasks list on it. Then it would redirect to that page and not the list. But if you are on the list or coming from a link in a email, you will be redirected to the task list.

But in your case, if you set the redirection URL using the references or hard code link, then it will always redirect to that location.

Badge +3

Andrew...I'm confused which isn't very hard.  If I set the redirection URL to the form approval page, you believe it will stay or close once the submit button is pressed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It would close, then redirect to the page/URL specified. But if you visit the task via a link in an email, then the form is full screen, but once you click submit the form will redirect to the URL specified. Nothing will really "close" in that case. Just move on to the next page.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Cheryl, I don't know if you have already solved your issue but another possibility to redirect the user after he has submitted the task to a specific page is, if the user is accessing the task from the email notification, to add a parameter to Approval URL link in the mail..the parameter should look like "&source=/server/site/pages/page.aspx", in this way after the user submits the form it's redirected to the url specified in query string

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi ‌, have you been able to solve your redirect issue with the suggestions from Andrew or with mine?

If yes, could you mark one answer as correct? Otherwise could you share your solution?

Thanks

Giacomo