IPC Event in infopath process

• 16 December 2005
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I've created an IPC event but it is not kicking off in the child process. It registers in the workspace report as being active but does not show up in my worklist. What am I forgetting to do?

3 replies

Badge +8
Could you please provide more specific information to assist us in troubleshooting your issue?

It registers in the workspace report as being active
What is this 'It' - is it the activity that contains the IPC event or the IPC child process' first activity?

does not show up in my worklist
Is the first activity after the IPC child process starts a client event, and if so, if you are using 'internet' as the client event type, did you add a URL for the client event?

If an error occurs while K2.net is trying to start the IPC child process, the parent process should be in 'error' state - you can use the 'error profiles' in K2.net Service manage to view and repair the errors encountered. If possible, try to run your K2.net server in Console mode and look at the information displayed when K2.net tries to start the 'child' process.
Badge +1
The "it" is the activity that contains the IPC event. As far as I can tell no child activity is kicked off.
The IPC activity is in an active state but I get two erorrs in the error manager.
They both say error in starting the IPC event with the source listed as IPCsend.

I've attached screen shots.
Badge +8
If you open either of the errors displayed in Service Manager (double-click on the error to open it), is there more information about the error?

Some issues to look for are that the Server name and process name are spelt correctly in the IPC event, and that whichever user account starts the process has rights to start the process.
If you did not specify a username and password or 'originator' when creating the IPC event, the K2.net Service Account user will be used to start the IPC process, so ensure that the K2 service account user has rights to start the 'child' process.