How to restore/open an old version of my workflow

• 18 July 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Sometimes we need to go back to an old version of our workflow because the current version is broken or because we remember we have set an action and want to see how we did it.

For that , go to the workflow designer and click on the ribbon to the button named "Open"

The 'Open' button in the ribbon gives a pop-up. There you see the name of the workflow with a +. When you click on the +, you 'll see the older versions.

The older versions do not look very clickable, but clicking on an older version

Now you can save that version and it has become the new version.

You have the chance to Save it, Publish it or simply close it and keep your current version.

Workflow-VersionHistory-ann.PNG

This document was generated from the following discussion: How can I restore an old version of my workflow?

3 replies

Badge

Badge +4

I recognized that this is sometimes not working. I just came across a workflow (current version 29) that we need to revert to an earlier version but when I click the '+' sign it changes to '-' but the old version do not show up.

The same problem is described here: https://community.nintex.com/thread/21243-unable-to-open-previous-versions-of-a-workflow

Could someone tell what the problem might be and how to get the old versions back.

Thanks.

Badge +6

You can also navigate to the hidden list "/NintexWorkflows/Forms/AllItems.aspx".

There you can manage the versions also.