The workflow could not update error

Badge +8

Hi,

Here is my scenario.

I have three lists.

• Shipments
  • Products
  • Licenses

The Product list has a total number of allowed quantity and allowed price.

Every time a new item is created in "Shipments" list, the, workflow will calculate the remaining qty and remaining amount by aggregating the sum of all qtys / amounts entered so far for a particular product and then compare against the value in Products Table. 

I built a workflow on Shipments list and the workflow woks fine if I enter 1 item at a time. However, if I do bulk edits such as Three or Four items, then, one of the items has Workflow errored.

Below is my Workflow Logic. ( I also attached the .nwf file).

201600_pastedImage_1.png

201601_pastedImage_2.png

201602_pastedImage_3.png

201603_pastedImage_4.png

Error from one of the instances when Bulk Edits are performed on "shipments" list.

201604_pastedImage_5.png

Please advise on how to fix this,

Workflow error does not give enough information on the error detail.

4 replies

Badge +8

As per the error message logged the Update Action in the workflow has failed, as the value tried to save into the List Column have data type mismatch.

I did download the shared Workflow definition and view Update Action in the Nintex Designer but was not much help as the List columns were missing, it was blank. 

Also, can you share the graphical workflow presentation of the item that ended with errors? As it will show till where the execution worked and on which workflow activity it stopped.

Badge +8

Hi Chaitra,

Thank you for looking into to this. I attached the graphical workflow of the item that ended with errors. What is strange is, the workflow shows all "green" but still returns an error. 

201932_pastedImage_1.png

201933_pastedImage_2.png

Badge +8

In that, can you use 'Log in history list' action to log all the values you are using in the Update action and check is the data type is as expected?

Badge +9

Hi ,

Try to put "Commit pending changes" action just before the last update action and try it once and also If possible can you show the update action screenshot.

Thanks,