parseLookup() in lookup() does not give expected result

• 19 October 2016
  • 8 replies

Badge +6

I am designing form in Nintex Form 2010 and using lookup() as per the format :

lookup(list title, column to filter on, value to filter on, output column) 

"value to filter on" gives output as ID,#Item value.  To get only value, as suggested in article "Lookup Runtime in Nintex Forms for Office 365", used parseLookup().  But it is not giving expected result.  In my case "value to filter on" is "Item"

When given as : parseLookup(Item)             -- output was ID,#Item value

parseLookup(Item, True)    -- output was ID,#Item value

parseLookup(Item, False)  -- no output

Can anybody help on this?

Thanks happy.png

Sunil

8 replies

Badge +9

#Item value means connection is not proper or formula is not correct. Check this post https://walkingthestack.com/2013/11/18/lookup/ 

Badge +6

Thanks Aditya,

Actual lookup formula is :

lookup("Code Master - Stamping Process", "Title", parseLookup(CFA_Location,true), "CFA User")

and the output is :

193383_pastedImage_1.png

you may notice that the value has appeared with ID and #.  The other article in community suggests to use parseLookup() with true parameter for getting value and false parameter for getting ID.  But in this case it is not giving me value but gives ID and value both.

Badge +9

Yes,That is correct .Have you given a name to CFA Location lookup field and used that in  parseLookup()?Could you paste a screenshot with parseLookup() rule and settings for lookup column.I came across the same issue which was solved by parseLookup. I used this link  

Badge +6

The name is "CFA_Location" and not "CFA Location".  Underscore is not visible in parseLookup due to underline.  Please refer below screen shot of lookup control settings.  Even I changed name "CFA_Location" as "Item" and tried it in parseLookup() but it gave me same result.

193384_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks

Badge +9

Try changing the name to "Text" and add it in parseLookup("Test").Please add a screenshot for parseLookup() formula

Badge +6

Changed "CFA_Location" as "Text"

193392_pastedImage_5.png

and  tried as  below:

(1)

193388_pastedImage_2.png

output

193387_pastedImage_1.png

(2)

193389_pastedImage_3.png

output

193391_pastedImage_4.png

Badge +9

I guess the issue is that you are using parseLookup() inside the lookup(). Y

You already have a calculated value "62:#..." in the CFA give that a name. add another calculated value and similar to your second condition use formula parseLookup(<Nameofcalculatedvaluewith#:>)  and refer the calculated column in parselookup.

Badge +6

Great.  Thanks a lot Aditya.

I gave full lookup() inside parseLookup() and getting only value.  Screen shot.

193399_pastedImage_1.png

Cheers happy.png

Sunil