Assign to Manager of Person or Group Field

• 7 November 2016
  • 9 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

How can I assign a task to the manager of the person listed in the "person or group" field type. 

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

If you are using O365 read this >>>  

Badge +4

Sorry!  Should have identified which version - We're using Nintex 2010 and SharePoint 2010. 

Badge +16

you could use query user profile action of the person/group field and pull back the manager into a variable - assign your task to that variable.  does that make sense?

Badge +4

Hi Cassy,

Thanks for the quick response!

I'm very new to Nintex. I'll give your suggestion a try.

Thanks,

Melodie

Melodie Hecht, CBAP

Business Analyst, IT PMO

Parker Hannifin Aerospace

Stratoflex Products Division

817-210-1316

melodie.estes@parker.com

www.parker.com

Badge +16

give me a shout if you get stuck happy.png

Badge +16

OK so in your list you have a column of type person/group right?  In my demo I have one column called "Employee" of type person/group.  In my workflow I want to assign a task to the person in the Employee field's manager.  Here is what I would do:

1.  Create variable to hold manager in:

193890_CreateVariable.PNG

2.  Query user profile action (located under Integration category of actions).  Choose address book next to User and select the "+" on Lookup section and select "Employee" under Item Properties. 

3. Assign flexi task to manager in variable - use address book and select the "+" on Lookup section and select "vPersEmployeeManager" under Workflow Variables:

Badge +4

Hi Cassy!  Thanks for detailed information it's very helpful! 

I'm not seeing the Query User Profile Action under the integration category.  I've also tried using the Search bar, but still no go.

Integration screenshot

Is there a feature not turned on?  What information can I pass along to our IT team to enable this?

Badge +16

Please speak to your support team, they may not have "allowed" this action to you as a designer.

Badge +11

Hi Melodie Hecht Are you on Nintex standard or Enterprise. This action is available in Enterprise only.

You can use Query LDAP