cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: How to redirect users who click on a Nintex Form

Igner,

The redirect url in 'Forms Settings' simply adds an embedded URL redirect to the OnClick event of the 'save (and submit)' button. This functionality is very similar to the redirect on my blog found here:

Redirecting the user from the task list page after responding to a workflow task

If the page you are setting the redirect target to throws a "An unexpected error has occurred" this represents an error loading this particular page within SharePoint. I recommend you collect the correlation ID included in this error message and review your ULS logs for a more detailed error as to why this page load has failed.

Cheers,

Andrew Beals

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Thanks for responding.

Cassy Freeman mentioned creating a new “PAGE” on the same site.

Do you mean to add a new “APP”?? & if so, what TYPE of app?

A list, library, or Wiki Page?”???

Inger Spikner

IT Business Unit Liaison

Direct: 901-537-7347

Fax: 901-537-8594

<http://inside-helena.helena.local/>

Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Wiki or web part page.

To create a new Web Part/Wiki page:

1. Click the Settings gear icon and choose Site Contents.
  2. Click the Site Pages library or whichever library you want to hold your new Web Part page.
  3. Click the Files tab of the Ribbon. ...
  4. Click the New Document drop-down list on the left of the Ribbon and select Web Part/Wiki Page.
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

I want this new web part to act as a confirmation page that pops up when

users register for a training class---I want this page to pop up and say:

Thank you for registering Your request is being processed.

Check your email for status updates.

Thanks

So do I want this Web Part/Wiki Page to be do I want this page to be connected/associated with another page???????

Inger Spikner

IT Business Unit Liaison

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Ok,

I THINK I have my page set up.

I created a new WIKI page on my training site.

I added a Content Editor Web part to the page.

Now how do I turn this page into a THANK YOU letter that pops up after a user has registered and tells them the dates & times that they have signed up for.

Here is what I have so far:

Inger Spikner

IT Business Unit Liaison

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hello,

I think I have my Wiki page created.

How do I make it pop up as a Thank you screen that lets the user know they have successfully registered for the class and to expect status updates through email.

Inger Spikner

IT Business Unit Liaison

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Hi Kapil,

I think this is my answer, however I am not familiar enough with the program to follow your suggestions.

Will your please provide more details on filtering the views and adding dynamic text?

I want the "thank you note" to populate with the exact class time & date that the user signs up for.

Pictures are very helpful as I am a visual learner.

Thanks for your help & I will look for your response.

Inger

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Follow the screen shots below and see if it works.

Go to the page that you have created and Edit it. Put the cursor below the content editor web part > select Insert > Web Part > Apps from the category on left > select the list where you have modified the nintex form (where your data is being saved).
Click on Add

1.jpg

On the right drop down, click on Edit this web part on the list that you just added.

2.jpg

Click on Edit the current view in the list view settings.

3.jpg

Select the columns that you want to show in this view to the user

4.jpg

Scroll down to the Filter section. Select Created By from the drop down and type in [Me] in the box like below.

5.jpg

Click ok.

When you go back to the page, you will see the item that you have created. User will also see their own.

Then follow the instructions as Andrew has told before. Entering the URL of this page in the Forms settings. This will not be a pop up. Users will be redirected to this page once they submit. Hope it helps.

I understand you are new to SharePoint and working with Nforms, but you may want to get familiar with basics of page customization, lists/library views etc. Community is always here to help but elaborate solutions do take sometime.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Thanks so much for your response.  I have another question along the same lines.

I want to redirect users who click CANCEL to another page.  Where would this information go?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the posting. To add to the functionality, I would want to redirect it to the dynamic URL.

For example :

I have two lists, Products and Graphics. When A user fills out a Product form, he should be redirected to the corresponding Graphics Form based on Item Number.

Please help.

Thanks

0 Kudos