cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to populated list lookup,filter based on "control's value" containing "filter by" control as "calculated value" in nintex form 2013 ?

Hello,

I have calculated value control, contains "company name" based on "current user".

I have one list lookup field of "Manager Name". I want to filter list lookup by "Control's value" option. I have set "Filtered by control" as that calculated "company name".

Calculated value is proper.But it shows null value in Manager Name lookup.

Manager Names are not populated. There can be more than one Manager. can any one help me in this?

I have list of Manager Name containing company name column.

I am using Nintex form 2013 latest update version.

Thanks

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to populated list lookup,filter based on "control's value" containing "filter by" control as "calculated value" in nintex form 2013 ?

Hi Avani,

If I understand well, you have a calculated value field containing the company of the user and that is working correctly, right?  How do you retrieve this one? Using a lookup runtime function? Is it the user profile 'Company' property?

And now you want to filter the manager based on the company name's value that is on the calculated field. Am I still right?

A few questions first...

What type is the company field in your manager's list? Single text, lookup, managed metadata?

Can you post an image of the filtering part of your action?

Can you post an image of the Company calculated value formula?

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: How to populated list lookup,filter based on "control's value" containing "filter by" control as "calculated value" in nintex form 2013 ?

Hi Alexandre, I have a very similar issue, instead of the calculated value containing a company, it contains an employee level, (supervisor, intern, manager, etc.). The calculated value is looking up this value from a different list, and it is a dropdown menu.

Hopefully your original reply gets more traction, or we can proceed, as I cannot find many resources to help with this issue!

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Same question over here.

My calculated value field contains a runtime function. (querying user profile service for "company" property).

I then want to use this value to filter a list lookup control. Company and the field I want to query (company code) are Single Line Text fields in the custom list.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I have same question.

I have managers list, Title, Department number(single line text), ...etc

I want populate multi selection manager base on department number.  i have used direct number on "Filter by value" it is showing all list as per active view.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

HI, did you find a solution to this? I am currently facing the same problem.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I have managed through workflow after submit as per my business required. But we can do it by JavaScript. unfortunately i don't have example.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply