I have a approver field which auto-populate user's manager from AD. If user's change the approver to someone else, I want their designated manager as per AD to be notified that they have change the approver name to someone else.
Any idea on how I can do that?
Do you mean to send notification just in case when approver changes from manager to userX?
or do you mean to send notification as well in case when later approver changes from userX to userY? or possibly from userY back to manager?
ok, so I'd suggest following
- since nintex doesn't provide acces to previous field value, you'll have to keep track of that on your own. so add a field to list like prev_approver. ta the beginning populate it with the same value as existing approver field
- create a workflow that start conditionaly when 'Approver' is not equal 'Approver (prevous value)'
- within the workflow check if (current) value of Approver equals to user manager. if it does, up can ignore the change
- if above was not the case check then check whether value prev_approver equals to user manager. if it does send nitification. if it doesn't you can ignore the change.
- finally copy current value from Approver to prev_approver