Get all list item ids created by same person into form in javascript

Badge +2

I have a button on my form, which copies fields from previous list item created by same person. Right now I have to specify the ID of the list item, which is inconvenient. Is it possible to iterate in javascript through every item on the list and select let's say 5 recent items? Then the user would select one of them from dropdown list instead of typing the id manually. 

4 replies

Badge +17

When you say a button on your form, are you doing this during edit mode? To accomplish this on the form itself would require javascript as that functionality is not native to the form platform itself. 

You could also have them select the person and then submit the form and use a workflow to move those items over quite easily. Actually would be easier than trying to do this within the form itself. 

Badge +2

I use JavaScript, so after clicking the button all necessary fields are copied automaticaly. It should be done on new or edit mode. Workflow is not an option, because I need those fields to be filled before saving and submiting the form. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you can add a lookup control on the form that quries from the same list the form is designed for, and set up a filter to filter by current user

3022i0180763A2E0DFB27.jpg

Badge +2

Thank you! This is exactly what I was looking for. I completely forgot that I can use a List Lookup control directly from the form.