SharePoint Lookup column Value doesn't display on Display SmartForm

Badge +6

Hi,

I have an issue with sharepoint lookup field on display item smartform. I am creating a new list item using custom smartform but lookup values associated with item doesnot appear in item's display form. Please refer attached screenshots.

Any help will highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ram

15282i32D5FBE359B89D2B.png
11408i6E1A6B1F01B3EA41.png

8 replies

Badge +6

Hello,

Where are you pulling that data from? What kind of data is it? What kind of troubleshooting steps have you taken? If your issue is not resolved you can always put in a ticket.

Thank you!

Matt A

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi RamKumar

Are the lookup values using other Lists or are they a choice item with static values? For example, where are the values for the "Portfolio" field held? In either case K2 will create SmartObjects for the lookup values (in SP 2013).

Have a look at the control on the Edit view and check if they are referencing another smartobject (e.g. is the Portfolio drop down using another smartobject as the data source). If so you will need to use a List Display control on your display view and connect it to the same smartobject.

Badge +6

Thank you matthew for you reply. My data is coming from a SP lookup field. Let me explain in detail: One SP list Business Directions with some fields of type lookup and these fields getting information (data) from another list Region.  Now I have created custom smartform to add new item in Business Direction list and using K2 smartform default Display form to display the item in the list. When item is added in the list, the lookup values are not getting saved and displayed in the list. You can refer the screenshots atteched in very first post of mine.

I hope this makes more clear. I posted this problem here because I am facing this issue twice, and not sure if anyone faced this issue earlier, if yes then plz post your reply here.

Advance appreciation to responses.

Badge +6

Hi Andrew, appreciate your response. Yes Lookup values are coming from another list Region.

I will give the try to your suggestion and post my update very soon here.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Ram

Badge +6

Hi Andrew, I gave it a try as per your answer but unfortunately same issue, could anyone do a small POC with 2-3 fields of type lookup in the list and create use K2 K2 smartform to add new item in the list, and check whether lookup values are getting saved into list or displayed on Display form?

Regards,

Ram

Badge +1

Here is how I achieved mine.

I had a similar issue, where by I was ccreating a list item using the create list item event from K2 studio. One of the properties on the new list item was a lookup column that was looking up to another list. Here is the tricky part. When you are on the "Specify properties for the list item", add into the lookup column "field value" the .ID reference of the source list item found in the process/activity data browser, and it will resolve itself to the correct display value when the workflow runs.

Hope this helps in how to set a lookup column value.

Badge +6

Hi Ram,

I wanted to touch base on this and see if you were able to find a resolution?

Thanks,

Matt A

Badge

Hi...

change the control type to lookup then configure according to this link-> "https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/1.0.6/default.htm#Using_a_SmartObject_Lookup.html". IT works.