cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to lookup selected person on a list

Jump to solution

Before I start I'm totally new to Sharepoint My question is, I want to look up a person on a list  and return another coloumn with lookup function. I use people picker but it returns domain\user and can't match with person . "Currentuser" sunvtion  returns the right data like "0#.w" but I want to select another user , not current user . I hope I explained well , thanks in advance

Labels: (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to lookup selected person on a list

Jump to solution

Name your people picker control e.g. person, create a calculated value control with formula person:

person + ' ' + userProfileLookup(person, 'FirstName') + ' ' + userProfileLookup(person, 'LastName')

Form looks like:

For a list of properties for userProfileLookup see Default user profile property mappings in SharePoint Server 2013 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi Omer, 
Once you have named the control as Manfred says above, You could also try using Runtime Controls of "lookup" and "parseLookup" to create a calculated value in a formula?  This way you can reference other columns.....

lookup and parseLookup are GREAT controls......  Very useful.

//John

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Omer Ozdemir​, please let us know if things are working out for you, and if so, select one of these "correct answers."  Thanks!

0 Kudos