cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to lookup due dates in Nintex

I need to write a simple workflow to return the due dates of tasks in an approval workflow with multiple levels of approval to see if the due dates are approaching. I want schedule this to run every day at midnight and I plan to use a notification to return the results to each of the 3 approval teams. I am already using reminders on flexi tasks to alert users that their task is approaching the deadline, but I am not sure if the reminders will meet the requirement. I am looking for a recommendation on best practices for this approach.

Thanks,

David

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
philipplucas
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to lookup due dates in Nintex

Hi David,

my personal best practice would be to only use the task reminder mails . But if you really need the additional workflow, this is how i would have started:

1. Use a "Query List" action on your workflow tasks list to receive the IDs of all items (tasks) --> result is a collection
  2. Use a "for each" action to process each item of your collection
  3. inside the for each, use another "Query List" on your workflow task list. This time you catch the due date of the currently processed task item (filter for the current ID of your collection) --> result will be a single value, the due date of the current task
  4. still inside the for each, check if the due date meets your requirements (for example by using a dateDiff function)
  5. If the due date doesn't meet your requirements, use a "collection operation" to remove the current task ID from your collection

Afterwards you should have a collection of all IDs of all task where the due date meets your requirements. You can then use another "for each" on your cleaned collection and send mails to the task assignee for each of this tasks.

Sorry to not provide you any screenshots but my dev license has expired

Let us know if this works for you or if you need further assistance.

Regards

Philipp

Not applicable

Phillip,

Can you give more details on filtering for the Current ID of the collection? Not sure what yoyu meant by this.

Thanks,

David

philipplucas
Nintex Newbie

Hi David,

if you use a "for each", you have to provide two parameters. The first parameter is the collection you want to process. The second parameter is the currently processed item.

Let's say you have a collection of [Banana, Orange, Apple] and you put this collection in the first parameter. As the second parameter you enter a regular (non collection) variable called "Fruit". This means in the first loop of your "for each" you will have "Banana" in your "Fruit" variable. In the second loop it's going to be "Orange" and so on...

The "Fruit" is what i meant by "Current ID of the collection". Only in your case it won't be fruits but ItemIDs

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards

Philipp