cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to know who approved or rejected a request approval task

Jump to solution

I have a requirement where I have to find out who approved or rejected a request approval task, that is assiged to a group.

I am using Nintex workflow 2013

Thanks for your help.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
15 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to know who approved or rejected a request approval task

Jump to solution

The workflow variable "Display name of last approver" should always contain the last approver's name even if a task is assigned to a SharePoint group. Also you should be able to see the approver's name in the workflow history view of the item.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Dear Enrico,

Thanks for your reply.

1. There is no property called "Display name of last approver", all I have is "Last task respondent display name", but this is having the group the task is assigned to rather than the person approved/rejected the task

2. How can we use the data in the workflow history view? However even the history view is showing as sharepoint group rather than individual

3. I even thought of going to the workflow task and check for last modified, but it turns out the last modified is by system.

Regards

BK

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello Kesava,

hm, then my memory was wrong.

Another option would be to use the group in the task action but also check the check box "create intividual tasks for all group members". This should extract one task for each group member. Make sure you're using a SharePoint group as AD groups can't be resolved that way.

Did it help you?

25-09-2014 12-47-53.png

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Last Task Respondent Display Name

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

"Last Task Respondent Display Name" returns just the value of the assigned to field from this approval task.

So, if you assign a Task to a Group, you will have no Chance to figrue out who has approved. The only place where you can find this Information is in the approval comment. Unfortunately you can't Isolate the Name in this comment in a easy way.

I highly appreciate any idea's for a good Workaround!

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

We are now using the following Regular Expression to extract the Approver Name from the Approval Comment:

(?<=\()(.*?)(?=\))

If you are using an approval activity with only one approver. The approver Name should always be stored in the second value from the extracted collection variable.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hii Marco,

I am facing the same difficulty as mentioned above.

Could you please explain the regular expression you have mentioned above?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I could use form info too, thanks!

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

What i have done is:

1) first create a list column with people picker and select allow multiple selections plus allow selection of people and groups.

2) on your workflow create a set field value to the column you just created with the group name.

Hope that will do at least something.

0 Kudos