cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

How to include an image in a workflow email

Jump to solution

I am trying to include an image in a workflow email, when it is sent out.  It is an image which is stored in an image library, but it is referenced in a list as "Hyperlink or Picture" field type.  These are book cover images. How can I add a variable or reference to my workflow email that shows the thumbnail of the image from the list item?  I am stumped!

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: How to include an image in a workflow email

Jump to solution

In your notification step in the workflow, you can do it one of two ways:

1. URL to the image:

In the body of the notification, click on "Insert Reference" and navigate to "Item Properties", find your column where the image link is and add it:

In the email it will display the URL to the image. Now you can do this a bunch of different ways too, but this is the most direct.

2. Display the actual image:

Click in the body of the notification and the Editing Tools ribbon will appear at the top. From here click on Insert and then Picture.

Here you can provide the URL to the desired image and it will be displayed within the email.

Be careful with this option if your images are large. Also, it may require recipients to download images within the email, it may not be displayed by default.

Final email view:

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

What is the Column Type of your picture field in Option 1? I am bringing in a URL as a text variable from a query list action and it only shows the url in the email.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hi

In the second method you followed, when someone receives the email, the picture is not downloaded automatically and the user has to download picture in email client. Is there a way to avoid that and make picture appears automatically?

0 Kudos