cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

How to include CC to task assingee's manager

Jump to solution

I have a workflow which creates an individual review and acknowledgement task for each member of a security group.  All inidividual tasks must be completed, with the same outcome to complete the task to move the workflow forward. 

Reminders should be sent every 7 days for incomplete tasks, with a cc to the assingee's manager.  I thought I could use the Manager from the Common fields reference to include the cc to the assignee's manager, however, it appears that Manager is actually the initiator's manager, and not the task assignee's manager.  The workflow is initiated by another user, so this won't work, and because I have many tasks being assigned to individual users, I can't think of a way to look up the assignee's manager with User Profile. 

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to include the assignee's manager in CC, when assigning individual tasks to multiple members of a single security group?

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to include CC to task assingee's manager

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this using this excellent post by @jesse_mchargue:

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Get-All-User-First-Last-Name-s-from-User-Group/ba-p/...

Once I got my group membership collection, in my for each loop, I used User Profile to assign the manager for each member to a variable, and then assigned individual tasks for each member, including the manager variable in the cc.  I removed the original flexi task which was was assigned to the security group.

Thanks @jesse_mchargue for a very helpful post.  I would mark it as such, but I no longer see the option to mark a post as helpful.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: How to include CC to task assingee's manager

Jump to solution

I am concerned about having included the flexi-task creation in the "for each" loop.  Can anyone tell me if this will cause issues with the workflow, in that I have multiple disconnected tasks being created from a single flexi-task control on my design canvas?

0 Kudos