How do i remove the ability for end users to create Nintex Workflows?

• 17 December 2015
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

We just realized our site collection (which has multiple sites within it) is allowing users to create Nintex workflows. This is undesirable, as it is a function of our department (Information Technology) and these users don't have any idea what they are doing when they see the option to create one in their document libraries.

Is there a method to disable this functionality across ALL sites within the site collection? Can we limit it to only a certain group for ALL sites within our site collection? If not, disabling it completely would work. How can we go about solving this issue in our environment?  Currently the "Allowed Workflow Designers" group gets inherited every time a new site is created, which led us to this issue.  Because it is a site-level setting, and because we have 100's of sites, we are looking for a more 'blanket' approach to removing access to end users for Nintex Workflow creation.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Goto Site Setting

On the Nintex Workflow Area you will see a link named "Allowed Worklfow designers", there you can set who can design workflows.

Badge +2

Yes, I know about that setting, but we have 100's of sites.  Is there an easier way?  Site Collection level setting?  Farm level setting?    Powershell?

Badge

Is there an answer to this topic? I too have hundreds of sites and cannot navigate to the Allowed workflow designers setting on each site to delete the users. Is there Powershell that can do this?