Disable Calculated Value on Form

• 17 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have a form where I have a Calculated Value that populates based on completion of another column.  It is a checklist list with nearly 70 individual items.

8404i15C316F886C67C9D.png

Once Yes or NA is selected it "date" stamps the Calculated Value in the Completed By On section.  This works perfectly with the exception that each time the form is edited then the date and time on the Calculated Value is updated to show the current date/time/user.

8405iFF69092A691961E2.png

Is there a way to disable the calculated value once it the Completed column has been finished?

If I disable the Recalculate on edit mode then it stops functioning.

8406i10FEFA18C044B729.png

I have tried various formatting rules on the Calculated value with no available.

Any suggestions?  What am I missing?  Should this be handled differently?

Thanks.

Devon

2 replies

Badge +11

I would add a single line field behind the calculated value and have the workflow update it once the Form is saved with the calculated value. Then hide the calculated value in Edit form and make the single line read only.

Badge +3

Thanks for the suggestion.  I was trying to avoid having to do this in workflow, but may need to consider it.  There are nearly 70 items to this checklist so I was hoping to make the form do the work for me rather then a lengthy workflow.  I was hoping I was just missing something.

Thanks again!!