Issue with Responsive Forms Designer Attachment Control

• 23 October 2017
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi

I've got a requirement where I need to set conditional validation against the Attachment control.

I'm using the responsive forms designer, so Javascript is not an option. I need the attachment control to only be required if another field equals a certain value.

I was hoping I could figure out a way of doing this using rules, but I'm not able to investigate as I found the following issue. When I try to name the attachment control in the designer, it doesn't save the name, therefore it cannot be access through the "Named Controls" tab.

I'm not certain that rules will achieve want I require as it is, but it seems like a bug that you cannot name an attachment control.

Can anyone:

a) confirm the same issue for me of not being able to name the control

b) think of a way to achieve what I need in the responsive designer

The form is already live and this is a new requirement so switching to classic designer is not really an option now.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

‌ have confirmed this issue happens for them and have moved it on development.

Badge +1

I have the same issue, although my attachment control is in a repeating section.  I was wondering if anything is planned to be done with this.  I need to somehow make the attachment field required if another field in the repeating section is set to something.  I can't create any rule that makes this work.  I guess users will just have to remember to add an attachment.  I did put a bold label next to the attachment control reminding users to add an attachment, but this seems like a really bad work around.  The latest version of NINTEX forms 2.11.2.0 allows for attachments in a repeating section which is awesome.  It really seems like NINTEX responsive forms are still in their infancy.  A problem is fixed and I can move forward, only to hit another problem.  NINTEX responsive forms look awesome on a mobile device....too bad they can't work through some of this remaining stuff.

Being able to Print to a PDF through a NINTEX workflow would help me the most at this point. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Raise it with the support desk, they are very quick to resolve issues like this, especially in o365.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Is this still an issue? I made a blog post which might help you to achieve what it is you're looking to do even if you don't have a named Attachment Control. 

It's just that I can't tell which version of Nintex Forms you are using as your properties dialog looks a lot different than what I'm seeing in 4.3.0.11 (and I'm able to name Attachment Controls) 

Badge

Can I get a link to your blog post?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

think that I was referring to this blog as it covers using advanced rules for both Classic and Responsive Forms. 

If you have any comments or questions after reading it, feel free to drop them in that thread! 

Badge

@MegaJerk Where is the link to the blog?

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
I had a look at MegaJerk's blog posts and this one looks like the one he is refering too. https://community.nintex.com/t5/Community-Blogs/Breaking-The-Rules-A-Dive-Into-The-Nintex-Forms-Rule-System/ba-p/78874

Badge +2

Where is the link?